"Ethical Guidelines for Organizational Members"
As an “Organizational” member of the Alliance of Prison Ministry Organizations and Affiliates, we agree to abide by the following ethical guidelines:
- Leaders of the Ministry will always be members in good standing in a recognized local Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- The theological positions of the Ministry will be in harmony with the fundamental beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church..
- Leaders of the Ministry will not knowingly accept tithes from the Ministry’s financial supporters, who are Seventh-day Adventist Church members, and will actively encourage them to be faithful in the returning of their tithes and giving of appropriate offerings to the organized Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Leaders of the Ministry will work in tandum with all policies and procedures of the Seventh-day Adventist Church at all levels of the Church, as well as the policies and procedures of the respective Correctional institutions they serve.
- Leaders of the Ministry will seek to develop and/or maintain cooperative working relationships, which promote mutual respect, with all religious leaders, correctional chaplains and/or administrators, correctional officers, community leaders and all pastors and elected leaders, at all levels, of the world-wide Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- All fundraising materials, as well as oral presentations of the Ministry’s leaders, will meet the following criteria:
2. Kindness toward other prison ministry groups;
3. Loyalty to the Adventist Church and it’s organized work;
4. Respect toward Correctional institutions and staff.