As members of the Alliance of Prison Ministry Organizations and Affiliates,
we are bound to affirm, promote and follow the model that Jesus established
in caring for the forgotten” people of His time. We therefore commit to:
Refrain from coercive, manipulative or discriminatory behavior towards those to whom we minister, regardless of race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender, background, age, disability or sexual orientation.
- Be compassionate, kind, tactful and patient to everyone seeking our help.
- Refrain from entering into any activity or agreement that is inconsistent with Christian principles.
- Abstain from accepting gifts or favors that imply an obligation to individuals served through our ministry.
- Seek to develop and/or maintain cooperative working relationships, which promote mutual respect with all religious leaders, correctional chaplains and/or administrators, correctional officers, community leaders and all pastors and elected leaders, at all levels, of the world-wide Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Refrain from using our positions to secure personal privileges or gain.
- Preserve the integrity of confidential information except where it constitutes a threat to property or life.
- Respect all people’s right to privacy, being careful to not ask intrusive questions or interrogate them in any way.